Monday, October 25, 2010

Truly Madly Deeply In Love Sketch & Challenge

I've been playing around with creating my own sketches and challenges lately. In all reality we create our own sketches and challenges when we scrap; I just actually documented it. I don't plan to make this a recurring thing because I love playing along with sketch challenge sites but I thought I'd share the ones I do create with you. 

Here's the first sketch and challenge I created.
  1. Alter the dominant paper using paint/ink/mist - the now brown areas on the left and right of my layout were originally black and were painted brown with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam.
  2. Think outside the box with your ribbon - I used ribbon to decorate the front of the photo/journaling pocket.
  3. Use heat embossing on the layout - I heat embossed clear transparency to create the "X" and "O" letters and "in love" words. I also used Mist on the transparencies to give them more depth.
  4. Incorporate a handmade flower - I fussy cut the flowers, painted and arranged them and voila, a handmade flower.
  5. Include hidden photos and/or journaling. 



I have to add that I NEVER scrap photos that don't include a kid.  I don't have an album of just my hubby and me, other than what was done pre-kids.  I don't plan to start one at this time either.  I do, however, plan to scrap more photos of me, us, or him to include in the girls' albums.  They need to know more about us as individuals and as a couple.  I WILL scrap more photos like this!

No comments: