Sunday, December 12, 2010

Merry & Bright Card

I'm starting to do more cards these days and I wanted to share one that I did recently with some scraps that were leftover from a Christmas layout I did recently.  So, here's the card and how I did it.
Supplies: Imaginisce Christmas Cottage Paper; Fiskars Everywhere Punch - Scalloped; CTMH stamp set; misc. ribbon

I used the Fiskars Everywhere Punch - Scalloped - to make the window on the card. BTW, I was so excited to get the punch but after I got home and went to use it I realized I needed to invest in the starter set. :( Thankfully I got them all on sale at Joanns. So I went out and bought that and was ready to punch away. The punch was fairly easy to use and I like the result; however, I was hoping to be able to use the punched out scalloped part BUT it leaves 3 holes in the middle of it so it CAN be used (like as a mat for a circle, like what I did on the card) BUT otherwise it can't be used for the reason I bought it - to punch out something in the middle of a page that I want to use on a LO or card. Okay, enough of my product review...

I punched the scallop circle, then used fishing line to hang the fussy cut ornaments from. After I made the card I realized the ornaments look like two eyes and a nose. LOL

I hand made the holly using the remaining scraps of some ruffle ribbon my gal pal, Audrey, gave me. I went on a successful hunt to find more of that divine ribbon, which you'll see soon on a Sketchabilities reveal. :) I also found it in red and cream!!! To make the holly leaves I free hand drew some pointy holly leaves and tacked the ribbon with hot glue. I used the leftover red glitter beads from the Christmas tree trio I made.

Now, I just need to figure out who to give this card to and I think I have an idea. ;)

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I didn't think of 2 eyes and a nose until you mentioned it. Great card.

Caroline said...

That's such a cute card!! I'd love to get that in my mail box!!

Sarah Mullanix said...

fantastic card, love the fun and bright colors!!