Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sunshine & Bluebonnets

Hi there, everyone! I sure have missed blogging the last 10 days but I've been making memories with the family, Spring cleaning and creating lots of goodies for upcoming assignments and publications! I wanted to show you this layout I did of my daughter a couple of weeks ago. We ventured out to the country for a huge craft/thrift festival and on the way home we stopped and snapped some photos in the bluebonnets fields. We snapped a gazillion of our own photos but there was a photographer there and she snapped a few photos of my girls while we were out there. Thanks to Crystal D Photography for the photo in this layout!

I used the new American Crafts Mayberry collection! I LOVE, love, love it! To create the border, I drew triangles in Silhouette Studio around the outer perimeter of the design software. I was able to measure how big to make them in the actual software. I just placed 6x6" sheets from the 6x6" paper pad and cut them out. The hardest part was deciding which pieces to put where!


I just love the new Thickers that came with the Mayberry collection. They look like they are covered in sugar crystals!

Rheagan saw that they had a chalkboard and wanted me to write Peace, Love, Lions (her school mascot and their slogan this year) but she also liked the idea of Peace, Love Bluebonnets so we went with that! There's also a peek at my journaling. The back just tells the rest of the story about how much fun we had in the bluebonnets fields and closes with how beautiful I think she is. I tell her a lot but I also want it documented!

Thanks for visiting me today!

8 comments:

Christine said...

I LOVE the triangles!! At first I thought it was a border paper but wow!

TFS!

Unknown said...

Agreed with the triangles, awesome work!

Keshet said...

So cute! Love that deep blue color!

Leslie Germain said...

Love your layout - great choice of paper. The picture is so neat!
Leslie
www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

Tracey said...

Making memories beats blogging every time!!!

Glad to see you back here though! This layout is gorgeous! The colours are just lovely!

Mary Jo said...

Very pretty!
And great photo!

Taunya Butler said...

The border triangles are AMAZING!! Love how you did that - alot of love and time went into the creation of this page!! You are terrific!

Diana Waite said...

what a totally sweet layout--GREAT photo too!