Thursday, August 15, 2013

Live in the Moment

I love to scrapbook and I usually do it based on a set assignment, which is totally fine by me because I always have plenty of photos to scrap and it's usually good to have an assignment as a starting point so I know what to focus on. But...sometimes it's great to have a "anything goes" assignment, which is what I was given for Little Yellow Bicycle this month.

I had been dying to play with the Fern & Forest Boy collection but with a girly spin so I did just that.

I snapped this photo one day when we made an impromptu stop on our way home from a trip to stop and look at the beautiful Texas wildflowers. We hadn't intended to explore the fields but dresses, shorts and flip flops didn't stop my girls from getting a little rough and tumbly on the HUGE hay stacks.

I decided to super-size the photo on the layout to help visualize through the design on the page, just how big the haystacks were. I framed the photo with the canvas banner and border and then pulled the page together using stickers that help tell the story along with the journaling.

Supplies: PY-104 Poppy Field Damask/Aqua Script, FNB-409 Whimsical Words/Brown Multi Dot, FNB-435 Cardstock Stickers - Favorite Pieces - with thermography and embossing (32 pieces), FNB-440 Cardstock Stickers - Fresh Verse - with thermography and debossing (43 pieces), FNB-579 Chipboard Shapes - with thermography (30 pieces), FNB-501 Canvas Stickers (15 pieces), VS-305 Paper Crafting Kit (66 pieces)

Thanks for stopping by today. Make sure to visit the Little Yellow Bicycle online store to get 25% off anything in the store. Just use the code LYB25 at checkout. No go on and get crafty!

4 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

Great layout. Love the colors and the large picture. Aren't those impromptu stops and pics sometimes the best. Would love for you to stop by and share on Whimsical Wednesday.

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome use of this line Heather! And I love the angle on your photo and that you made it a large photo on your layout!

Diana Fisher said...

Great photo! I have that collection too and haven't used it. Thanks for the nudge!

Diana Waite said...

I really love how you used this large photo on your layout--SO cute!