Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Love You More Thickers / Mini Album Tutorial

Thickers are most definitely one of my must haves when I am crafting and I love that they aren't just for scrapbooking. Thickers are a great elements for mini albums and all sorts of DIY projects.

My youngest daughter and I love to have battles over who loves the other person more.  I thought it'd be fun to make a little mini album about our sweet little debate.





I gathered my favorite Thickers from the new Serendipity collection.  These are perfect because they have some really colorful ones and some light grey ones.  I also cut 2 4x10" strips of white cardstock for my mini album base.


Next, I wrote out the words for my title, "I LOVE YOU MORE" with the colorful Thickers. I filled in around it with the light grey Thickers.


I removed the colorful Thickers so I could apply gesso over the light grey ones and the cover, which you'll see in the photo below.


Once Gesso was applied and given time to dry, I added the colorful Thickers back to the cover.


I added pattern papers to the base pages, a little watercolor, photos and embellishments.

I showed this to my daughter and after getting a huge smile from her, the Who Loves Who More debate started all over again.  She even said she's going to make a mini album with more pages than I included in mine. LOL

Oh and did anyone catch my little play on the word "MORE"?

Supplies: Serendipity collection - (369181) – Little Things Paper, (369185) – Hello Beautiful Paper, (369187) – One Fine Day Paper, (369189) – Lucky Love Paper, (369203) – I Heart You Paper, (369207) – Printed Chipboard Letter Stickers Thickers – Ooh La La, (369208) – Printed Chipboard Letter Stickers Thickers - Soar, (369218) – Die Cut Cardstock Shapes, (369211) – Accent & Phrase Stickers, (369220) - Watercolor Words; Gesso, Watercolors, Paintbrush


5 comments:

Laura said...

Seriously cute!!

Kimberly Kett said...

This is such a cute idea!

Gina Lideros said...

Super cute idea Heather and I love Smores too ;)

Tracey said...

Loving this mini album!!! Great use of Thickers!!! And yes, I see how you snuck the smores in there! ;)

Rhonda said...

Oh my Gosh Heather....this is so darn cute!! Love thickers and Love what you did with them. :o)