Tuesday, December 15, 2015

See the Beauty

It's time once again for the Gossamer Blue monthly Inspiration blog hop.  We have dozens of design team gals joining us toprovide you with just a little more creative mojo, which is sometimes especially helpful during the hustle and bustle of the holidays.

I mentioned before that I did a lot of this month's scrapping while travelling.  Sometimes it was in my room after a long day at an event but many of the times was while I was on an airplane.  This particular month was to Amsterdam, Greece and London.  Those are some exceptionally long flights so it was very fulfilling to fit in my scrap time.


I had a little fun with my the Pink Paislee Memorabilia line, especially the 6x6 paper pad. I knew I wanted to draw out so many of the colors of the flowers in my daughter's shirt, especially since they were almost identical to the floral print in the collection.  


Look how closely the shirt matches to the flowers. I swear I did not plan this.  I literally grabbed some pre-printed photos I had in my stash and dashed out the door with my kit.It wasn't until I was looking through them that I realized the coincidence.


I wanted to make a big statement with the different patterns but I only had 6x6 papers to work with so I cut several large triangles from a few of the papers, adhered them to the page and then filled in with smaller triangles from the same paper pad.  

I knew I wanted to stitch on the page so I went ahead and added my embellishments and reserved the space for the photo.  I went ahead and "built" my photo, the pocket and embellished it but I did not adhere it until after I was home and did my stitching and misting.

So, again I will say that these kits are perfect for anyone on the go.  You literally just need to grab your scrapbook staples, some pre-printed photos or take an Instax printer that connects to your smartphone and you are good to go!

Next on the stop is Jill Keller.  I love how she used the supersized numbers on her layout!

2 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

GORGEOUS!!

Chocoscrapaholic said...

Really love this layout, Heather!! Beautiful!