Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Can't Stop Growing

Hello my wonderful, fabulous friends. I have an announcement that I'm very nervous about at the bottom of this post so please read until the end.

I'm sharing another rendition of Pattern Play over on the Gossamer Blue blog today. I'd love to have you hop over there and say hi.

As I was sorting through all the fabulous Basic Grey goodies in this month's kit, I wanted to do something really fun with the patterns from the 6x6 paper pad. I decided to hand cut large alphas based on something my daughter tells me when I ask her to please stop growing up.  I'm certainly not the first to do this but it was the first time for me to do this so I'm here today to give you some tips.



How to: To create this layout, I first determined where my photo would go and then I decided what I wanted this quote to say.  Since the photo is one of my daughter getting measured a few years ago at the doctor's office, I knew that quoting her would be a perfect match.  Next, I determined how many words and letters would be needed, measured the space I had and determined 2-ish inch tall letters would do the trick.  TIP: Cut a 2-ish x 2-ish square out of the paper you want to use. Then cut the letter out.  This will ensure that you don't go larger than you intended.



Next, I placed my photo in the lower middle left side. It looks kind of bare just sitting there so I hand cut some flowers and added them behind the photo to frame it out.  I also added a few embellishments!



Once I had the photo and flowers in place, I placed my quote on the page. I added additional hand cut flowers around the perimeter and even used a flower for one of the "O" letters.  I pretty much used up every inch of this page. And then I added mist splatters.  It's busy and full and I love it!  Hoe's that for playing with patterns?!?!

Supplies: Gossamer Blue main kit, Add-on #2, Bits & Pieces kit

So, for my announcement...I've joined in on Periscope and I'm nervous as hell but I'm going to ask you to tune in anyway. It's sure to be a good laugh at the very least but you'll also get to see all of the wonderful items that are offered in the Gossamer Blue March kits.

Join me on Thursday at 3:30 EST / 2:30 CST / 1:30 MST / 12:30 PST as I do an unboxing of all the March Gossamer Blue kits.  I haven't opened them yet so I'll be discovering it all along with you. So whattayasay?  Will you join me?



1 comment:

Elodie L said...

Love this layout. So pretty and fun!